11 thoughts on “How the Oculus Go squeezes in all that tech (Cracking Open)

• June 14, 2018 at 10:55 am

FINALLY someone did a teardown! I couldn't believe that no one, not even iFixIt has bothered to teardown of1 the $199 headset, but there is video after video of Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Vive…etc all of which cost a hell of a lot more than $199…

• June 14, 2018 at 10:55 am

It has bluetooth and supports bluetooth gamepads including bluetooth XBox controllers.

• June 14, 2018 at 10:55 am

Motion sickness not only attributes to the world not moving where you moving, but low res textures is an issue.

Some of those early Demos was using high end graphics engine with low res textures and pixelation in close models was horeible. There are three Zones in VR IMO being close, far, and mid range. Games, Demos, or Videos with very little to no noticeable pixelation from close to 3/4 mid range is a fantastic experience.

High End or PSVR been a fantastic experience with titles such as Farpoint, Eve Valkyrie, Job Simulator, and Wipeout are just a few. On my Samsung GS6 Gear Eve Gunjack and Lands runs great with motion sickness while every free rollercoaster demo made me sick due to poor optimization. I wouldn't say thd feeling is like being poisoned at. More like that feeling right before you throw up which is fine balanced combination nausea and vertigo.

• June 14, 2018 at 10:55 am

Some minor mistakes. A 2600mAh hour battery is a fairly small battery. Someone else said it. For example the S9 has a 3000mAh battery. Im pretty sure it has bluetooth. At least you can connect bluetooth controllers to the GO. I have an Xbox One controller that I use on it which uses bluetooth.

edit: If he was meaning big in physical size, then disregard the beginning of my comment.

• June 14, 2018 at 10:55 am

2600 mAh could easily fit into a smartphone. iPhone X has 2716 mAh and that's considered mediocre for a smartphone

• June 14, 2018 at 10:55 am

Wow, it has sound! Did you do voice over? :)))
    Pff, very small battery, two gens. ago chips and no bluetooth… Are you kidding me? 😐