23 thoughts on “We share our favorite AIM memories

• May 20, 2018 at 5:32 pm

I remember being 5 years old in 2002 and almost every Sunday until 2004 I logged onto my grandparents' AOL on their only computer. I just sat there wondering what took so long, sometimes I would need to try 3 times to get connected and finally once I logged on, I played Slingo ALL THE TIME… lol I miss it…

• May 20, 2018 at 5:32 pm

I remember asking this girl to be my girlfriend on AIM, who I had a crush on for the entire year, in the summer after 5th grade. She said yes and that whole summer we would chat on AIM for hours. We would talk about any and every thing. We couldn't see each other the whole summer, so I couldn't wait to finally see her when school started up again. When 6th grade started, she avoided me in school and told me on AIM that she couldn't date me. Why Stephanie, why? Lol

• May 20, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Why would you have fond memories of a criminal organization like Advanced Idea me machinists?

• May 20, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Oh this is hilarious, it’s kind of nice to know that we all acted the same way on AIM. Those away messages 😂 I sadly devoted far more time to that than some of my classes in College 🤦‍♀️

• May 20, 2018 at 5:32 pm

This video successfully made me feel old. The CNET staff were tweens when they got AIM. I was already in college. Then again I remember early AIM when you had to sneakerware your buddy list on a floppy since the messenger didn’t store it for you. And, I also remember writing my subprofile in PHP so that different people saw different things.

• May 20, 2018 at 5:32 pm

I was the original catfisher on AIM I would act like a lady to get naked pictures of guys 😂